Tuesday, November 21, 2006

What's happened...?

I hate that this blog might be the way I have to tell some of you this, and yet at the same time, I don't quite feel up to the conversations that I have to have with each of you. I want you to hear this from me, but don't yet know what to say. I've left Praying Pelican Missions. I love what they do, who they represent, and the many friends, brothers, and sisters that we've met thru them, both here in the States and in Belize. But for reasons still not entirely understood, I've stopped working for them. I pray that God will continue to grant them success in open doors to new trips and new connections and lives touched both in participants and villages and communities in Belize. Though some of our most challenging times as a couple, Mike and I will both desparately miss our time spent and people loved this past summer. I've thought about changing our blogsite, but I'm not quite ready for that, so keep M & M'ing with us, even though we're not in, and probably won't be going back to Belize. The lovely Marin, famous for her upstairs diner on Caye Caulker taught me a few sayings this summer. There's a saying in creole, the more native "English" they speak in Belize, that Marin taught me that says "sea breeze blow pilikin same place 'e wan' go," which literally means "the sea breeze will blow the pelican to the place he wants to go to." Mike and I are riding this breeze, we don't yet know where it will take us, just that it's where we want to go.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Loving and supporting you all the way from Utah. I wish someone would write a manual on change: how to do it and why it is necessary!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,
I want you to you that Heather and I care for you and love you very much. We are thinking about you and praying for you as you move on. We thank God for who he has made you to be and how you live for Him. Again... Thinking of you
Love jason and Heather.

Portland Dad said...

Well Unitl Paul Harvey comes in with the Rest of the Story this will have to suffice. You are an honorable woman Ms. Megan and I admire that about you. There are lessons to be learned here and in good time they will be learned, until then find freedom and release in mourning, and comfort and support from your God. Any time you want to vent without the response of advice or placating words you can call.

Junior

Manda said...

Hello, sweet friend... wow. you're in my thoughts and prayers in yet another season of change. God doesn't change. (sometimes I wonder if He would dislike change as much as we do)
In His holy hands, manda

Anonymous said...

Megan,
I hope you know what an important part you have and continue to play in my Faith. You were definitely put with Praying Pelicans for that certain period of time to help people (such as myself) strengthen their relationships with God. You will do the same with whatever comes your way! I hope we can talk soon. There is a lot to catch up about! :) I appreciate your help with the recommendation, too...I got into the Ed. Program because of your wonderful words. THANK YOU!
Kari

Portland Dad said...

Alright enough of this touchy feely crap lets get a post going missy! Mike had to do something silly, or one of those flea bags you have must have done something cute, anything, give us anything.

Love,

James

Amy said...

Now I'm wondering "what's happening?" Haven't heard from you in awhile, sure hope you're doing alright....

Anonymous said...

Mother Hen,
I can't wait to see you on Sunday! :-)
Love,
Your Little Chicken

Anonymous said...

Hey M&M. I miss you dearly! Even though we will no longer be in ministry together with PPM, I know we will through life. Please keep me up-to-date with what's going on in your lives. My prayers are with you always! Meg, I need an email for you.
Blessings & love,
Brittney