Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Holy travels, Batman!

Alright, so the McGrails are at it again. I hope this doesn't come off prideful or anything, but my family is fortunate to be able to travel, a lot. I guess it's kind of a necessity when one's family lives all over the world. It's funny, I was talking with a friend the other day, and she was saying how her family is literally in the four corners of the US, she was exaggerating a little, but anyways... Her family is in California, New Mexico, Minnesota, and Georgia I think. I kind of laughed in my head, yeah sister, you got nothin'. Try South Korea, Hawaii, Oregon, Minnesota, and Indiana. I cringe to myself whenever I think about how Mike and I went from being the third closest geographically to my parents in Indy to the closest, and we're an eleven hour drive. Ew.

Anyways, my family is traveling a little this week. Just got a postcard from Mandy and Scott while they were in Palau. Talked to Kate and Mom, the Rohls are invading Mom and Dad right around Finn's 2nd Birthday, much to Granma and Grumpa Tom Tom's delight, soon to be joined by the Sioux City McGrails, the Des Moines McGrails, the Des Moines Versteeghs, and the Ohio Cotters (Furlers). Oh yeah, and Mike and I are leaving for South Korea today, and I think we'll kidnap Heather and jaunt over to Japan for the weekend...

Yup, crazy traveling people. AmyJ, guess you're right, we are pretty transient. In the best sort of way! Someday we should just suck it up and get a jet... Anybody want in?

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm in. How much are the shares?

Anonymous said...

Now you know why a world map on a shower curtain is so appealing! I sit quietly on the throne, and figuare where everyone is now, and where you will be next week! I have learned so much geography this year alone! Love mom