Friday, May 15, 2009

Showers...

Don't know about you all, but I find it very difficult to be the center of attention and completely out of control, all at the same time.  I have two baby showers rapidly approaching, and I scoff at the term "baby shower."  I know we're getting all the stuff for the baby, and I don't know how we'd afford or be able to pull everything together without these blessed events, but I'm the one who has to survive them!  And this is all me, by the way; I have confidence in all parties involved in organizing these that they will be great events, just my own psychosis, is that the right word?  I love to host parties or showers or dinners, but man, remove that control and make me have a roomful of people sit and stare at me, and I break out into a sweat just thinking about it.  

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Meg~ You are not psycho or anything. You are just always doing things for other people and putting them ahead of yourself. Just relax and let other people do something for you and the baby!

Anonymous said...

Besides what Sarah says, how much fun it is to be involved with someone else's special event! I totally empasize with what you say, but just enjoy the friends and the fun, the baby is so lucky and so are you guys, to have great friends! wish we could be there with you! mom

Portland Dad said...

It's probably just the hormones from being pregnant, it makes ladies crazy.