Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy 32 Handsome!

He'd never tell you himself, and he always makes sure the wait staff knows not to sing to him, but on his day, I guess it's my right to announce to the world that my man has survived one more year. I do say survived because I think esp. this past year may have been a little tough on him. I know I have been. And Milo's into his two's already though his birthday isn't until June. And yet here he is, with a great job, taking great care of his family, setting us up well for the future asking all those questions about saving for college for Milo and the like. Mike is an internalizer, and this is a little tough on me his verbal-tirade-inflicting wife, so sometimes we have to dig a little bit, but he's also so talented and so smart. He has seen much and sometimes calls himself cynical, and maybe that's true, but he is also good and generous. He loves to give nice gifts; now that we have a little more cushion, he gives so generously without much thought. And as we start to formulate the priorities in our lives, who we want to be as parents and role models for our kid, I love that he gives so quietly and effortlessly. He is also the best dad. He loves to take Milo out on an adventure. Whether it's a walk down the street to the park, across town to the "good" park for swings, slides, and flying a kite, or over to the Imagination Station, Mike loves to have fun with Milo. He also loves that Milo loves things like fries and pizza and Chipotle. He gets almost as excited as Milo over things like the moon in his room and building things out of his leggos. Happy Birthday, Mike. Love ya.

No comments: