Saturday, August 03, 2013

That crazy song...

Our neighbor gave the boys an unprovoked gift a few days ago, a CD of scripture to music.  It's a little kidish, but catchy, and there's one song on there that Milo loves, that he calls the Crazy Song because it's really repetitive.  Oddly enough, he wants to listen to it over and over and over and over again.  It's II Thessalonians 3:13, and it says "I will never tire of doing what is good."

Huh, I do tire of doing what is good.  Most of the time I quit doing good long before I tire of it.  Maybe that's how I turned into a mom that yells.  I never wanted to become a mom who yelled, but especially my eldest really pushes my buttons, asking questions all the time to which he already knows the answer, needing help for doing things I know he's totally capable of doing, whining {insert "whining-slash" in my mom's voice}, saying things like "then I'll do nothing" with the snottiest attitude, literally throwing himself on the floor when he doesn't get his way, crying alligator tears over stepping on the toys that he himself has strewn all over the floor, expecting things from Jude that I expect from him, wanting me to hold him, all the time.

As a regular human, I am incapable of following all these interactions with doing what is good.  I can't even muster doing what is neutral or negligibly not wrong, aka yelling.  I guess that's why I really shouldn't expect to do it on my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in case you are not listening, these are comments that you will hear from most moms with kids yours ages! besides you were raised by a yelling mom, I'm afraid you learned from the best! It will get so much easeier with time! love you!! mom