Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tissues and teabags...

It's the 11th of April and this is what I saw when I open the shades this morning. And it's still flurrying now as I sit surrounded by the shrapnel of my cold. Convenient in that I am off, but also inconvenient because I am off, this season's cold has set in. I drink my tea, take my sugar-free vitamin C drops, and litter the apartment with breadcrumb trails of tissues. Okay, so it's not that bad, but it is one of those colds that no matter how many liquids you ingest, all the liquid from your body seems to be leaking from your nose, leaving your mouth and throat parched and scratchy. Much to Mike's chagrin, I have left off picking up our bedroom now littered with at least three trips' worth of laundry and suitcases, to sit in front of the computer for the afternoon catching up on shows online. Mike and I enjoy just a couple, and I never seem to have a consistant schedule, but the networks have found this ingenius way to keep you hooked: show whole episodes online for free. That way, we never miss anything, and never want to miss anything, because we can always see everything. I feel a little pathetic, sniffling my way thru another cup of tea, hunched in front of Mike's massive moniter with two felines curled up on the down comforter on my lap, but I do enjoy the freedom from the schedule of the TV. Plus, on a day when you generally feel crummy, inside and out, it's nice to have a distraction.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ah yes, spring in Minnesota. You just never know what it will do.

I'm sorry that you're feeling crummy, inside and out.

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg..I hope that you are feeling a little better with the sunshine today...I have a request for ya, Could you email me the recipe for making French Toast Fondue? No rush, whenever you get a chance...Thanks Bud!! Sending Hugs! SARAH

Svoblogger said...

Meg -

I can only assume you are talking about LOST. I miss having someone to watch LOST with me. My lovely wife refuses to watch and doesn't want to hear a synopsis of the latest episode.

humbug.

I'm left to speculate and try and decipher alone.