Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Grandma Weezie...

Just before Christmas, I drove down to Sioux City, IA, to where my dad originated to hang with my grandma.  Her given name is Louise, but ever since my oldest sister was an infant, Grandma Louise decided that "Louise" might be too difficult to say, so she decided to start little Mandy with "Weezie."

Anyways, Grandma Weezie and I hung out for about 36 hours, talked about family and politics, what I'm doing, Mike's doing, her garden, anything that came to mind.  It was nice to have no agenda, just to be with one person who will
 always be on my side, who likes for me just to
 come and visit, to be.  We visited the Floyd Museum, in commemoration of the only person to die on the Lewis and Clark expedition.  We made fudge, with a secret ingredient :)  
Just a short visit, but a great one.  

Thanks, Grandma Weezie, for being such a nice oasis for me!

No comments: