Thursday, April 03, 2008

The newest member of our family...



As most of you guys know, we had to put our beloved Linus down this winter. We've talked about getting another cat for a couple months now, but wasn't really finding anyone we fell in love with. Recently, Sally (our other Siamese) has been out of control; she's loud and hyper and needs attention every second she's awake.

So in an attempt to alleviate Sally's "distress" and bring another little buddy home, we contacted a pet clinic nearby and found Jackson, that's right Amy, how crazy is that, Jackson?!? We fell in love with him as soon as we saw him, and everything the clinic told us seemed to fit. We asked about his temperment, and they said he was extremely mellow, pretty quiet most of the time, and well, a bit lazy. We thought, "perfect!" When we saw him, we also loved that fact that his head is disproportionately large for his body, and his feet are kinda big too. He's about 3-4 years old, he's also a stray that someone had dropped off at the clinic, just like Linus was.

So we adopted him yesterday and brought him home. Sally's a little perturbed, but she'll get over it. And as you can see, he's just fine! Mike thinks we should change his name, but I'm not sure, I don't mind Jackson, but Mike kinda likes Charlie, not only because of our Peanuts' character thing we've got going, but because of his ginormous head! What do you all think? Let us know, and if you can, come say hi! He's super sweet and such a lover! Welcome to the Schroeders, Jackson... err Charlie... ?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i kinda like schroeder schroeder! i don't know how to spell the pronunciation!!


your dad votes for charlie brown, because of his big head!

I hope you are right about jameison being better looking in person, because that picture is not very becoming!!! love you all four!! mom and dad

Amy said...

I vote you change it to Charlie. Jackson just doesn't seem to fit, and well, cats don't exactly respond like dogs do when their names are called, so no big deal.

Can't wait to meet him! I hope he brings you much joy and entertainment!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud that you adopt from a shelter, I will definately do the same. Did you use siamese rescue? I just watched Oprah's puppy mill show, and am crying my eyes out..so I'm just glad you saved him! Em Cotter

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - He's handsome! We Schroeders tend to have a thing about large heads so he's PUUUURfect! I vote Charlie B. : o)
Hope Sally falls in love.....

Mom S.

Anonymous said...

Awww...how cute is he?!! Enjoy your new kitty. And I vote for Charlie too. Jackie

Heather said...

Thanks, for the pictures. I love to see the kitties, and I know Jackson/Schroeder/Charlie will be so happy with you guys. Give 'em both a hug for me.
My vote is for Charlie. I'm with Mike on this one.