Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My list...

My friend Amy just posted a list of, shoot, I think it was 6, random facts about herself, and I really enjoyed recognizing and learning those things in her. So here's my list:

1. My number one paranoia is my scent; I buy prescription-strength deodorant, I wear body spray or perfume everyday, and I almost always have gum or mints with me.

2. I really don't like pecans or walnuts; I like pretty much every other kind of nuts, but these two can quickly ruin a perfectly good cookie, brownie, or chocolate for me. I don't know, I'd like to say it's just a texture thing, but I really don't like the taste either.

3. That being said, I learned as a kid from my very tactful and helpful-in-all-social-situations parents, to always eat what was put in front of you. And especially after spending time in a third-world country, I will always gratefully eat anything in front of me. Though I've started to learn to be honest with my dear husband who loves to experiment in the kitchen, I am unable to tell pretty much anyone else if I do not like what I am eating, please don't use this information against me...

4. Unlike my dear friend Amy, my favorite days are rainy, (ironic because I really don't like to be wet) giving me the excuse to stay inside, curl up with a cup of anything hot, and read a book or watch a movie; I find these days few and far between because of #5...

5. I recently learned about one of my sisters and have identified in myself that my main motivating factor/emotion in most situations is guilt. I don't like to clean or organize, but I feel guilty when Mike comes home to a messy home, thus I skip my rainy, snuggle day. I hate, yes, hate working out, but I feel guilty about what I eat and not using my perfectly good, healthy body, so I will go for a run-walk today; sorry, my gorgeous health coach, the real reason.

6. I sometimes envy my cats. I mean really, how great would it be to sleep 18 hours a day, have food and water miraculously appear, lay in the sun and bask with no obligations? Maybe play with a loofa every now and again... (Sally's favorite toy, I know, she's quirky.)

3 comments:

mandy said...

Sally's loofa fetish isn't too quirky. Hobbes eats bugs and geckos and then throws up. Tell me how that makes sense? Wouldn't he learn? Hopefully the loofa doesn't make her puke.

Anonymous said...

Hobbes' bugs and geckos hold nothing to kili's rubber bands, and assorted other stringy things! you haven't seen cat yak until you've seen some of the stuff kili comes up with.
What's to love about miraculous cat food???
Hang in there with the guilt stuff, it gets better as you get older, I think. You sure don't worry about dirty houses as much any more, I mean who really cares? unless Gramma Sue is coming of course! love ya mom

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing, Meg. I love hearing about you guys, and I love hearing about all your awesome little quirks that make you so lovable. I can't wait to come stay with you for about a month maybe.
Speaking of, you have a gorgeous health coach? Guy?