Sunday, September 07, 2008

Not for the faint of heart...

So this story is a little gross, but really quite amusing so I can't help myself. Let me tell you a little bedtime story about our beloved cat, Hoover, er Roomba, er Charlie. Now I wasn't actually there to witness this, this is second hand thru Mike, though I have witnessed similar occurrences. This afternoon, after getting off work, Mike snuggled in for a nap. He started to hear the oh-so-familiar wretches of our cat chucking up a furball. I don't know what it is about our cats and vomiting, but they are boarder-line bulemic, I swear. They especially enjoy using this endearing characteristic as retaliation when we leave them for a few days; usually the puke-to-days-gone ratio is quite close to, if not higher than, 1. So Charlie is chucking, he vomits; Mike decides it's not worth getting out of bed, that he'll clean it up when he wakes from his nap. He then witnesses Charlie reingest his pile of puke, and sort of pull a nearby washcloth from a pile of laundry to cover his remnant indiscretion. I think he did this in manner of covering bowel movements with kitty litter in the box, but regardless, he did an excellent job masking his little regurgitation incident. Mike chuckled, and snoozed off. Later, Charlie also "clean up" a Sally indiscretion... Ew, but very handy in that we use lots less spot-shot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwww! Charlie??!!!! love grammi

mandy said...

Gross, but so defining as a cat.

Heather said...

Hilarious. Tell the little turkeys I'm coming to give them big hugs. I'll squeeze the puke right out of them.