Sunday, August 23, 2009

Milo's first wedding...

Mike's cousin Lindsey got married this weekend. We did the flowers, and I say we because many hands made far too much work very reasonable. Thanks to Steph and Larry, Karen and Bill, Kristi and Jason, Aunt Carol and Uncle Larry, Aunt Laura and Uncle Craig, and Mike, Lindsey's wedding was quite literally covered in flowers. We put things together that I've never done before, mostly because the flower shop I worked for never even offered them; they're fairly time intensive and not very cost-effective. Larry and Craig say they are going to teach me how to price things appropriately, but really with family, that's next to impossible. What's the good in having a florist in the family if they don't give you a great deal on your wedding flowers?

Milo was terribly handsome. He inherited some great seersucker pants from either one of the Rohl boys or Jake, I don't know from whom exactly. Mike and I found this button-down shirt on a clearance rack at Macy's, and I rummaged up a remnant tie out of the tie-bag days, cut it short, and stitched it up. I'm afraid to say he might have stolen the show, at
least in my eyes, but don't tell Lindsey. He is my first kid though, and I am a little biased, so hopefully she'd understand.
We also got to spend some great family time with the Schroeder gang. Kristi and Jason flew out from VA, and Karen's new beau, Bill, came up from Iowa to take on meeting the entire extended family, bless his heart. We all crashed at Larry and Steph's, filling all beds and floor space. And it was a blast! Lots of bossing nice people around with flower stuff, and plenty of loving by experienced and capable hands for the little man, so mom could neglect him for orchids, hydrangeas, and kermit poms. Good thing I have 3 weeks left of leave to stay at home and stare at him :)

6 comments:

Kayla Whitaker said...

Oh my goodness!! That is the CUTEST family picture yet!!! What a handsome little guy! Love you guys!

KristiK said...

It was fun to learn how to make "boots," corsages and kissing balls. :) You did a great job on all the flowers - everything looked great! I agree though, your lil' man and his dapper tie DID steal the show! What a honey.

I'm so glad we finally got to meet and snuggle him. Hopefully Milo won't grow too fast until I see him again. :)

Moo-wah!
Auntie K

sue said...

OK, this is just too much in the cuteness department! What an adorable little guy wearing a tie! And a priceless family photo, too! Meg, how do you ever do all this stuff? When I had a 3 month old, I was still on basic survival mode! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

you guys look so happy and all of you look very handsome! does milo look as much like mike as i think he does? mom

Anonymous said...

It's easy to see that Milo is winning hearts already. He looks so grown up and not like a newborn. That adorable outfit and tie must have made him even more lovable. Grandma Weezie

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you managed to do all that you did, Meg, with such calm & perserverance! and only 7 weeks from delivery : o ) You're an amazing woman.
LOVE your threesome picture!
Steph