Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day...


So a little late, but doesn't really matter in blog-world, right? Mike, Milo, and I returned to our new home after a week vacation with Mike's family in SC on Mike's first Father's Day. We got back early afternoon before Mike's first official overnight shift at the pharmacy, so we decided to keep it chill, walked to our new favorite spot, a little Irish pub a couple blocks away, had an early dinner on the patio, and just enjoyed our nuclear family.

Mike and I have both been pretty distracted recently, but let me take this small moment to give you all a few reasons why Mike is a fantastic dad:

1. Though I don't always appreciate it, he does the best "muppet" voice, and it always cracks a smile for Milo.
2. He sneaks in at night after the kid's asleep to oogle him.
3. He can manage to convince Milo to keep eating until his little belly is taunt.
4. Throwing Milo is a new favorite past-time, and it does freak me out a little, but it's a Dad's right, right?
5. Even though he's working overnights, he lets me take a nap in the morning and hangs out with the kid.
6. He loves to put Milo on his shoulders or back, with our without straps and safety harnesses.
7. He's worried that Milo loves me best.
8. He's not afraid of sh-tastrophes.
9. He tells me when I'm being overprotective or I need to let Milo cry.
10. He wants to take Milo to baseball games before Milo knows what a game or a ball is.
11. Even though he's never been a baby lover in the past, he's a Milo lover, and would and does do anything for him. I guess it is different when he's your own...

2 comments:

Portland Dad said...

Cool list, here is a post that you will never see Kate make. I'm sure she appreciates how awesome I am but she will never write about it. She says she like to say it in other ways, maybe one of these days I will figure out what those other ways are

Heather said...

I'll take him to a Korean baseball game if you want.