Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lazy Sunday... sort of...

Life as a mom, wife, and housekeeper has started to lose a little of its shiny newness. It's one our first weekends home together, just the 3 of us, and Mike and I are at each other's throats, and I'm not exactly sure why. I think we're transitioning into our new roles, and like any transition, it's not always so smooth. He slept in yesterday, so I slept in today, which bugs me because I really want to go check out a couple of churches, but somehow I couldn't haul myself out from under my sleep cave. That makes me feel guilty, so I pick a fight with Mike while I clean up after him. We need neutral ground, so we decide on brunch and the park. Nice breakfast, beautiful hot afternoon of swinging and a walk in the not-quite-cool shade of the woods. Until I pick another fight. Granted, I think I have valid points, and I think we should be talking more, but somehow I'm nagging and he's defensive. Typical of marriage in general, neither of us is really right or wrong, but we're not seeing eye-to-eye. I'm sure it will pass, but in the meantime, we've retreated to our respective corners. Don't really want any advice, not in the mood for it. In fact, hoping Mike doesn't see this post as another picking of a fight. Sometimes I just need to put my real face on.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ah, nothing like a crabby weekend. I know the feeling. (: Don't worry about church- there's plenty of time to work on that. Sleeping in is good for a toddler mom too!!

Kayla said...

I love you Meg!!! :) Thanks for being real for those of us who question if anyone else out there goes through what we do too... :)

- Kayla

Anonymous said...

sometimes, the fact that he is breathing is an annoyance! mom