Monday, January 23, 2012

Associations...


As mentioned in the last entry, Milo's getting pretty good at making connections with random things in his life. This morning he was in fine form...

We're back in the habit of going to the library for new books, and Milo picked a good one, called "Toot, toot, zoom" about a fox named Pierre who drives his little red car over a mountain to find a friend, and in the process picks up a goat, sheep, and bear who all end up being his friends. While I was dealing with my own mountain of dishes this morning, Milo had picked out a little red wooden car and was "toot, toot, zoom!"ing it around the kitchen floor. I turned and asked him what he was doing, and he said "it's the little red car like in "toot, toot, zoom!"

Then he went to his train table for a bit. One of his new favorite items is a suspension bridge, and after catching a little bit of a cartoon about the Golden Gate Bridge the other day, I asked him what his bridge looked like, and we talked about the Golden Gate Bridge on Little Einsteins. Little Einsteins is kinda hoity-toity for a cartoon, if you ask me, using classical music, famous art work, and landmarks from around the world, but after this conversation, I have new respect. I asked Milo if he knew where the Golden Gate Bridge was, and he said, "by Coit Tower." What? What's Coit Tower? "It's by the Golden Gate Bridge." Eh? Over to the computer, and as I'm sure any of you more familiar with San Francisco than me know, Coit Tower is a landmark in San Fran's Telegraph Hill neighborhood. You're right, buddy! Do you know where Coit Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge are? "By the redwood trees." Uh, yeah... Finally, I told him, all those things are in San Francisco. "Yeah! San Frisisco!" My kid's already reminding me of all the things I don't know.

1 comment:

sue said...

Oh my heavens! The kid is a genius!