Monday, May 14, 2012

Things of note regarding Jude...

Some things I want to remember about Jude from these first couple of weeks:

 -His nose is not quite symmetrical; not sure if he's going to grow out of this or not, so I want to remember that
-He's a super traveler already. We drove about 3 1/2 hours to Kastrounis' in VA this weekend, and he slept the whole way both ways
-He'll sleep any time, any where: Monster Truck show, Navy jets flying over head, brother screaming in the room, Dad playing loud music, whatever, he seems unfazed
-He really likes to be awake between the hours of 3-5am; after feeding in this time, he is bright eyed and bushy tailed, much to my chagrin
-He's not a big crier unless really provoked, aka really hungry, swaddled esp. tightly by Dad, etc. Instead he wuffles, grunts, coos, and sighs, and depending upon the urgency of these noises indicates his mood. Not gonna lie, I don't miss crying, esp. at night. I also think this will mean a higher likelihood of success when we try to put Jude in the crib in Milo's room. Yup, they're going to share a room if we can make it work; Milo's a good sleeper, and Jude isn't making much noise so far.
-He has this beautiful, smooth, dark hair that kinda swirls on his head and down his cheeks into little sideburns I hope that this laid-back attitude with life sticks with him, and whether it's his nature or Mike and I being a bit more confident, I hope he stays flexible. Maybe not doormat-ish, but flexible.

2 comments:

mom said...

please, please, could I have copies of these pics!!! They are amazing! Love mom

Meg Schroeder said...

In the mail, mom :)