Thursday, August 10, 2006

Gumball and Mo...

So I'm a college graduate, and by day I'm a missionary, but often nights you can find me at the Gap. No, I'm not a shop-a-holic, though I do shop more now than I did, but now with discounts: I work at the Gap. And though I find my job with Praying Pelicans very rewarding, I really do love working at the Gap. I love the people I work with, I love helping people, even if it is only to spend their money. But as I sit in my office alone all day, I get kinda excited about going and hanging out with people.


Last night, I spent the evening with Marissa ("Mo") and Megan ("Gumball")pictured here. And Sue B., but she left early. I really like Gumball and Mo. They're fun, funny, and just nice to be around. We're a little goofy, can get our jobs done, we don't bug each other, unless it's on purpose, and I just really enjoy their company. Mo is working on her masters in speech pathology (yeah Sarah Tanis!) and is getting married in 3 weeks to another Mike; another M & M. And Gumball returned from spending last fall in England studying abroad and is dating Kevin who will be working on his uncle's farm this fall until he starts training the be a police officer.


I'm amazed at how and where we meet the people we choose to hang with, but I'm grateful all the same. Mike and I are moving to the Cities shortly. And I will miss my Gap family. I think I will transfer to another Gap, but I think it won't be the same. There will be no Mo, no Gumball, no new mom named Kara, no Rick, no Wendy, no Sue V. or Sue B. Maybe there will be new friends. But I'll miss these ones...

No comments: