Monday, May 22, 2006

Baby blues...

My little sister, Kate, is very pregnant. She and her husband James are due to expect their first-born, a boy, almost any day now. She's technically due June 6, that's right 6/6/06, and no, he will not be the anti-Christ, but the baby is getting so big, so fast, that as soon as she starts to dialate, they will induce her. Mike and I leave for Belize for seven weeks on June 1. I planned, back in March, to go to Indiana where my parents, next oldest sister, Heather, and Kate and James live, in the hopes that maybe the baby would be here. The stork has not arrived. I've never seen Kate look so beautiful or James so enthused and supportive. I love pregnant women, everything about them; their huge bellies, the glow that people always talk about, the way they eat everything in sight. I just want to hug every pregnant woman I see and rub their bellies. I realize that this is a societal faux pa, but it takes everything in me to resist such strong urges. Fortunately for me, Kate is very patient with me. She lets me pat the belly, talk to my nephew, reminding him that I am Auntie Meg, the best autie in the whole world (no offence Mandy, Heather, and Kendra). I'm so sad that I will miss this event. I guess this is what happens when we grow up. It seems that we encounter more pressing, important, lifechanging events, and, at least with the McGrail clan, the farther we live from each other geographically, and thus the less likely we are to share these things in person. Makes me want to live in a hippie commune with every significant person in my life, so I don't have to miss out on anything. Anyone willing to join me? Maybe I don't like growing up nearly as much as I thought I did...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was great to see you too and I'm sure Finn/bennet/keaton will forgive you for delaying your first introduction by a couple of months. You are leading mission trips in a third world country after all. We'll talk lots about you in the mean time and take a zillion pictures.

KristiK said...

Eeeee! Baby boys! I am soooo excited for the Kate/James/Mike/Megan/McGrail clan and the new baby that will be arriving VERY soon! I just emailed Megan and asked how baby Harper was...and if he was getting big! But I guess this blog answers all my questions AND filled me in on the new potential names. I like the names very much Kate and James! very creative and sweet sounding. Remember to send the Schroeder/Kastrounis family LOTS of pictures too!

And yes, I am sure Kate looks very beautiful prego. hee hee. I am sure she is adorable. I can only imagine a tiny McGrail with a huge belly of baby.

I am very excited about this blog too...we rarely get updates from M & M....hint hint. Ha ha...like you guys hear from the youth pastor/grad.student duo much either. :)

Love ya all!

Anonymous said...

Dear Moogs, I am going to love having your blog available to read! I am getting to listen in on all the neat people in your lives, and some of them I even know rather well. How cool is that! Yea! Hi to kristi and Jason and Scott! Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so glad everything is well with the new baby! Kate and James... how is your modified sleeping schedule!? I'll be traveling to MI this summer, so I may have to stop by to see you all and the new lil' man! Love and hugs! Congrats!