Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Seven Truths and a Lie Answers

Here's what you guys thought:

1) TRUTH! I nearly severed my little toe playing soccer barefoot (bad idea) on July 13th! I had to go to Dangriga Hospital to get 6 stitches put in!

2) TRUTH! We visited St. Herman's Cave, which the Mayans believed was home to the Mayan rain god Chaac because of all the dripping noises heard within the cave. They did ritual sacrifices during periods of drought in the cave as well as smash pottery, which can be seen in the cave. Supposedly you can see calcified remains as well, which we did not see since they were deep in the cave. The tour guide, with his caribbean accent, sounded like he was calling the Mayan god "Chuck."

3) LIE! I did not run over a speed bump that fast, although in Belize there are plenty of unmarked speedbumps on the highway. The incident actually happened to Janell and Brittney when they were being tailgated by our bus driver with his lights off at night (his idea of a prank).

4) TRUTH! As Amy pointed out, I did puke in my regulator during my Scuba training.

5) TRUTH! I dropped my water bottle at the top of the Xanutunich castillo. As it rolled towards the edge, a Lakeview member (most readers could probably guess who), decided to dive for the water bottle. He ended up with his shoulders and head hanging off the end of the ruin, but was stable enough to not fall off. The water bottle fell, but only got a scratch; props to Nalgene! Nearly gave Matt P. a heart attack!

6) TRUTH! Pastor Elvis lives in Valley Community, Ninja lives on Caye Caulker, and Scooby lives in Crooked Tree. Scooby's real name in Nigel, but the entire village calls him Scooby.

7) TRUTH! On the way out to Dangriga, the Hummingbird Highway was flooded. Peter (a team member from NC) and myself were very nervous to cross...we saw many cars get stuck in the middle. After much debating what to do, we ended up tailgating a bus across the river. Belizans on the bus were pressed up to the windows to watch what happened. The car following behind us got flooded and failed. However, Peter and I made it through!

8) TRUTH! There are many hills in the world that give you the impression that you are rolling up hill. Belize has one of them!

Thanks for playing! Coming Soon! A fashion poll whether Mike should keep the crazy hair and beard or not!

3 comments:

Svoblogger said...

crazy hair = get rid of it!

sexy beard = KEEP!

Amy said...

I'll have to see updated photos in order to determine my vote.

Anonymous said...

I've seen them in person, and I say keep them both. And the tan looks great too. kris