Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Departing for CA with BJ...


I told you once a few weeks or months ago that I would dedicate an entire entry to Ms. Brittney Johnson, and I figure as I'm about to spend a very long and busy weekend with her at a conference in Anaheim, that maybe I should do that now. Brittney, known to a few of us too lazy to say her whole name, as BJ, or even shorter when I'm really lazy, "Beej." She is a twin, to brother Brandon, and lives near Dallas, TX.


BJ came dramatically into life as I know it in April of this year. She was working in international sales, traveling the world in a job she did not particularly love. A friend emailed her a link to Praying Pelicans, and she contacted Jason looking for a job. And a few short weeks later, she was of course hired; how could we possibly pass up such a gem? (Here she is putting up with Linus' schenanagens, trying to sleep across her laptop...)

I spent little time with her before we all left for Belize, but knew I was going to like her. And was convinced beyond any doubt the first week in Belize. That week in Crooked Tree, I saw a woman brave enough to take on the world, literally; soft-spoken to be extremely effective and sweet to our beautifully gentle hostesses that week, Hilda and Hesse; strong enough to stand firm in leadership and in unfamiliar territory; fun-loving to play soccer, basketball, and handgames with gorgeous children; and tenacious to jump boldly into a position and organization she was still learning about.


I'm so excited to spend a few precious days with my Texan counterpart, my sweet sister in Christ, my colleague and co-conspiritor in missions, and my friend!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Missing you oh so much. Still in California? Hope that you and BJ had a fruitive conference!