Friday, June 02, 2006

Too many huge things happening!!!

We are an auntie and uncle!!! Kate and James had Finn Michael Rohl at 9:41 last night!!! He is 8lbs 10oz, 21 inches long, and has a 14in head!! He's great, Kate's a little sore, but well, and James tells a great play-by-play story of the birthing process, if you can figure out which cell phone he's on at any given point between his, Grandma Kris's and Grandpa Tom's. (connect to their blog on the right side of the screen for more info and pics!!) And just as we were starting to realize the magnitude of this miracle, we left the country. As we mentioned when we first started this blogging experience, Mike and I will be leading short-term missions trips in Belize, Central America this summer for seven weeks. As I type this entry, I sit at a computer in the lobby of the Global Village Hotel in Ladyville. The interesting thing about this computer is that everything is in Taiwanese. No, I have not instantly become fluent, there are a few clicks and most of what I see is in English, but all of my menu options on my blog editing page are in Taiwanese. The nice gentleman who runs this surprisingly nice hotel is Taiwanese, as is most of his staff. My keyboard is in English, but there are all kinds of blue, green, and red characters all over it as well. So ironic, sitting in Belize, typing on a Taiwanese keyboard, sending this out to who knows where on the world wide web. I've posted a couple of pictures of our leadership team on this first day here together; you'll see Jason in the white shirt, Janell in the teal shirt, Brittney in the royal blue shirt, and Mike in the green shirt. Just kidding, this computer is a little "buggy" as Mike says; sorry no pics tonight. We don't have too much to tell at this point, as we've only been here a few hours, but wanted to send this out into the void to let anyone who cares know that we have arrived, we are safe, and though we are thousands of miles from all of you tonight, I'm loving on you right now. Kate, I'm so proud of you, and so grateful that you're the mom first; I look forward to learning great things from you. James, thanks for allowing me to be there in the delivery room with you, even when I wasn't. And Finn, I can't wait to meet you face to face; I'm already in love with you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Meg, of course we are out here, and waiting to hear any word from you guys at all! Sorry I am late in commenting and saying Hi, but I need to get to Macy's to get on a computer! So glad you guys got there safely, we thought of you all day!
Finn is great, and you would be so proud of Kate. She was a trooper, and it wasn't always easy! She has set a high standard for her sisters, but you will do just as well-I know!!
Keep up the good work, and know that we are praying for you all the time! Hi and hugs to Mike!!
mom